Monday, January 17, 2011

"Oh My God We're Back Again"

Ok ignore the BSB title lol But I am, once again, and hopefully for the final time, Back again! I've been half assing it for awhile now but I have been all talk and no action. I didn't want to be one of those people who's new year's resolution is to lose weight. I feel that most times we fail at that so this year I decided that it's not a New Year's Resolution it's a New Life Resolution! This will be the beginning of a whole new life for me and my family. I want to be organized in all aspects of my life, I want to clutter gone and the head spinning to end. I have reorganized our living room which was overgrown with toys! Now they all have a neat and tidy home in their cube shelving and storage ottoman. Sure it's a disaster in the day but once she goes to bed I can have my living room back and in order!
There are no more excuses as to why my spare room is a junk room. Sure it contains all our office stuff, my Avon stuff, a spare bed and is now also a playroom, but with the right frame of mind and the will to make it work, it will. Yesterday I rearranged and reorganized the room and it's 95% done. Just a few little things to put into place and I will have a workspace where Rowyn can also play safely as I'm doing it!
Next up will be organizing Rowyn's room and making it stay that way. There is no need of her room being in the state it's in! She's only 13 months old and really only sleeps in there and it's a disaster! No need Kyla, No need.

I'm also committing to menu planning every week. I feel I will waste less of our precious pennies this way and it will also make staying OP easier. Getting to the gym will be a challenge however I will also plan that time into my day which leaves me no excuse.I will write my gym days on the calendar on the same night as menu planning. I can come up with many reasons, some feel very legit, as to why it's easier not to go to the gym. We only have one car, and DH has it most days. But on days where he's working a day shift he can take the bus in the am, I can go to the gym and pick him up after work. Goodlife has a daycare where Rowyn can go and there should end my list of excuses!


Now look how big my girlie has gotten since i've last updated!!This is at her 1st B-day Party in December!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Kyla that's fantastic that you're getting back to it!! Know that you are not alone and there are a lot of mommies out there trying to make it all work just like you! If you ever need someone to listen I'm here for you (on facebook or my gmail)! Planning your meals does a great thing for your food and grocery budget (I'm a fan of tacos that become pasta sauce that becomes chili). You're not alone and it's a battle you will win! Best of luck on your new journey and remember that it takes 6 weeks to makes something a habit.